- Eyeshadow, blush, bronzers, highlighters and pressed powder.
- We haven't found a way to fix these (call us if you know how!):
- Mica and Glitter makeup do not like being pressed and don’t play well with our kit.
Glitter and mica typically will not press well at all, not even with our kit.
- Traditional Mineral Makeup comes in a loose powder and typically the first ingredient is Mica, Non Traditional Mineral.
- Organic mineral makeup typically won't include any parabens, fragrance, talc, preservatives, oil, or other harsh chemicals.
- Mineral powders include iron oxides, mica, and titanium dioxides among other elements.
- Not all makeup that has the word "mineral" in its name is actually true mineral makeup.
- Can come both loose and pressed.
- Typically is labeled as "mineral" Does NOT require our binding spray.
- Non-mineral makeup doesn't meet the requirements listed above.
- May use iron oxides, mica, and titanium dioxides in them but not as the first ingredient.
- DOES require our binding spray (comes standard with our kit).
When doing the makeup repair kit process, we recommend trying to press mineral makeup WITHOUT using the binding solution. Many mineral makeups have a binder within them so they typically just need a good amount of force to press them back to new. Some mineral makeup will not press with our without our binder.
- No matter what, if you pick the wrong size, you can always do the steps again!
- Our makeup pans are slightly deeper than traditional makeup pans.
- Once you grind your makeup, it will be about 2x larger in volume before pressing it.
- Comparing the amount of makeup you had when it was pressed can give you an idea of what size to choose.
- Our large pan is smaller than most pressed powders so you may want to make more.
- Small Pan = .05oz Medium Pan = .12oz Large Pan = .35 oz
Don't fill past the fill line in the press base. If you have extra makeup, you can do the process a second time and make a second makeup pan.
If you overfill the ground up makeup in the press base (above the fill line), pour the makeup back into the collection base and re-pour it again, but only up to the fill line. Place a clean sheet of paper under your work space before you start to help collect any overage.
- We recommend lifting the press top and inspecting your makeup (before lifting the press bottom).
- If your makeup doesn't look nice and smooth, try re-pressing with a tissue over the powder. If you are still not happy, you can redo the process from the “Dump it” step, but skip the spray this time.
We recommend that you re-grind it up and then layer binder in-between pressing. So pour a small amount, spray, press, and repeat until you fill your pan.
If you have multiple powders and want to blend them, follow these steps:
1. Grind all the colors through the screen. 2. Use the Scraper/Pick tool to mix the colors up in the collection base. 3. Next, follow our online instructions from the POUR steps and continue on.
GRIND up what's left and fix into a smaller pan by following our instructions.
1. Dump any excess powder into the trash. 2. Fill your sink with soapy water. 3. Gently wash each piece with a sponge. 4. Use a brush or your PICK to clean the bottom of the GRINDER. 5. Rinse each piece and lay out to dry. 6. Pack all your FIXY tools inside your kitTake a warm bath, you deserve it!
We spent an entire year trying to figure out an effective DIY solution, but here are the issues: - Makeup is about 2x the volume after you grind it up, making it really difficult to get back into it's original case and without making a huge mess. - Many DIY solutions require adding a lot of rubbing alcohol, which can change the color of the makeup and requires you to wait a long time before you can use it again. - The DIY process typically make a huge mess so we strive to minimize how messy the process could be when working with a fine powder.
Yes, we ship all over the world. Shipping costs will apply, and will be added at checkout and you may need to pay VAT once your product arrives. We run discounts and promotions all year, so stay tuned for exclusive deals.
It depends on where you are. Orders processed here will take 4 -6 business days to arrive. Overseas deliveries can take anywhere from 7-24 days depending on the service you select. Delivery details will be provided in your confirmation email.
We want you to be completely satisfied, so we offer a money-back guarantee. Check out our Returns Page for more info.
You can contact us through our contact page! We will be happy to assist you.