5 MUST-HAVE FALL HANDBAGS
Whether it’s avec-straps or hands-free, high street or designer, fall handbags for 2016 catwalk are definitely something to get excited about!
From saddlebags to satchels, to large envelope-sized clutches, if you’re looking for high-end, designer statements you won’t be disappointed with this year’s trends. And not forgetting those trusty, more affordable, high street brands that could well be mistaken for being designer in some cases (pardon the pun).We love the range of rich Fall colors emerging and the re-emergence of iconic silhouettes which are making a full-fledged comeback. Check out the top must-have fall handbags for 2016…
1. The Draw StringThis cute little number is feminine, lightweight and so on-trend this season. Filtered down from the catwalks in an array of materials, they are one of the most versatile handbag styles. Experiment with velvet (forever a fall favorite), patent leather, intricate embroidery or a metallic chain around the wrist like this stunning Madewell Mini Drawstring Bag.
2. Tasseled BagsTassels and fringes are still going strong this Fall, embellishing many fashion pieces as well as handbags. On straps or flaps, in bunches or lined-up, both suede and leather tassels give a great Western-style edge to any bag. Think Americana meets Boho Chicfor a free-spirited nomadic look. Try and keep it to one or the other, however, incorporating either the tassle or the fringe to your outfit or your accessories.
3. Boxy HandbagsBoxy handbags are both practical and super prevalent this Fall. Not only can you fit several books into one bag, but the cute, smaller versions bring a serious level of sophistication to any outfit. They are the perfect canvas for a fun oversized accessory, like a fur puffball or animal charm!
4. The Fanny PackOnce considered the ultimate fashion no-no, the fanny pack has made a comeback in all the right ways, we kid you not! Hands-free, comfortable and reminiscent of the 80’s, the belt bag is a huge hit this Fall. Try it out in either subtle navy tones or go loud and proud with floral patterns and embellishments. Trust us on this one.
5. Cross-Body BagsThis Fall is all about hands-free fashion. Celebs such as Victoria Beckham are opting for over-sized laundry bags that cross over the body, but there are also plenty of beautiful smaller versions which means you no longer have to worry about losing them on a night out! They are also easier on the shoulders and can be traveled with more easily.
Ready for more styling tips?
HOW TO WEAR SCARVES FOR ANY SEASON
TRANSFORMING YOUR WARDROBE FOR SPRING